Personalized coaching to help you with what your writing needs right now.
The road to completing a writing project can be a bumpy one. I can help if you are struggling with
- finding the right story idea,
- arranging non-fiction content in the most effective way,
- meeting deadlines,
- making time to write,
- unsticking a character or plot problem,
- finding your voice,
- unravelling a technical issue,
- publishing on Amazon/Createspace,
- needing a pair of fresh eyes to read and help you improve your work,
- or perhaps, just having a supportive fellow-writer who holds you accountable for getting the work done.
I understand and applaud the artist in everyone, but successful writing also requires practical, get-the-work-done steps. I can help you find the ones that work for you within the constraints of the life you are living now.
As a writing coach, I consider myself your personal, all-in-one pit crew. I’m here to smooth out your journey to the completion of your book with unfailing support and access to all the expertise and research I have accumulated in my writing life.
Yes, I will critique small portions of your work to help you along the way, but if you want a full-fledged edit of your work, check the editors’ association nearest you to find the expert you need.
“When I decided to independently publish my book, The Sifnos Chronicles: tales from a greek isle, there was no question in my mind but that I needed Heather on my team. She is professional and approachable, she knew when to support my decisions and when to challenge them, and her depth of knowledge saved me countless hours of toil and frustration. The overall look of the book is a testament to her skills.”
Sharon Blomfield, author of The Sifnos Chronicles: tales from a greek isle
“The act of writing, sitting in front of keyboard or blank page either waiting for or pushing words out, is alternately a joyous and perilous task. Most times, it’s both.
“I was lucky enough to have Heather Wright alongside as a writing coach and supporter during the last year. Heather provided ongoing critiques of my work, along with much-needed advice to help me continue moving forward, beyond the inevitable writing blocks. I crafted the initial vignettes for my memoir and worked with Heather to hone tone, voice and story, and was accepted into an MFA program based on this work. Since beginning the program, Heather has continued to provide support and inspiration for my book as well as my blog.
“To anyone already writing or thinking about writing, I highly encourage you to work with Heather Wright. She is both a proven and talented author in her own right, as well as an engaged and inspirational mentor.”
Karalee Clerk, Writer and Blogger at KARALEE–of no fixed address
We can work out a personalized coaching plan to fit your unique needs, or you can choose from the 3 book-coaching plans below. Before you make your decision, complete the form below to arrange a free 15-minute call to see if I am the coach for you. For a long-term project, choosing a 3-month coaching package is recommended. NOTE: 1 coaching month = 4 weeks/28 days.
- Two 45-minute phone sessions/month. Calls are recorded, so you can review them any time.
- Reading and detailed Track Changes annotation of one 1000-word excerpt of work-in-progress
- 2 emails/week to check in on progress and meeting goals
$270.00/month, 3-month package: $750.00
- Four 45-minute phone sessions/month. Calls are recorded so you can review them any time
- Reading and detailed Track Changes annotation of two 1000-word excerpts of work-in-progress
- 2 email/week to check on progress and meeting goals.
$540.00/month, 3-month package: $1500
A la carte
45-minute phone session, recorded so you can review at any time: $90.00
Reading and detailed Track Changes annotation of 1000-word excerpt of work-in-progress: $90.00
All coaching fees are to be paid in advance.
To get started:
Complete the form below to arrange our 15-minute get-to-know-you call. If you decide to move ahead, I will send you a PayPal invoice for the coaching that you will be able to pay via PayPal or credit card.